Only broker/dealers that are on the County's formal approved broker/dealer list may transact securities with the County Treasurer's Office.
The County Treasurer's Office uses a competitive process to select new broker/dealers. Periodically, the Treasurer’s Office conducts a Request for Proposal (RFP) process in which broker/dealers are required to provide information on their practice, financial condition and other factors. This process ensures an open, competitive process for all interested prospective brokers to compete for placement on the County's approved list. Some of the factors that are considered when selecting new broker/dealers include:
- Relevant experience of individual representatives to serve the County's account
- Legal and regulator issues
- Financial condition of firm
- Types and amount of inventory of products provided
- Scope of ancillary services provided including economic analysis, Internet service, etc.
- Experience with other municipal/governmental clients
For firms interested in working with the County Treasurer’s Office in the future, please complete the Broker/Dealer Contact Form. When the County Treasurer’s Office is ready to conduct its next RFP process, firms who have completed and submitted this form will be contacted for additional information.
For questions or further information about this process, please contact John Johnson, Cash Manager / Investment Officer at (909) 387-6383.